Based in Christchurch at their Head Office, join one of NZ's largest and most prominent companies with responsibility to bring their Business Intelligence environment to a level where it can provide high impact results to its business stakeholders.
Our client is looking for someone like you who can make a real difference in this role. They want to attract an BI Consultant who can demonstrate practical affinity with the business. Someone who can understand each business unit's priorities and who can recognise their upcoming pressures for Business Intelligence / Reporting capability before they do. A person who has the ability to influence people and lead Business Intelligence (BI) initiatives for the company.
In this role you will work closely with stakeholders, at all levels, to continuously improve Business Intelligence (BI) and its use within the company. You will initiate, plan, lead and undertake Business Intelligence (BI) projects. You will be responsible for the management, design and integration of the Business Intelligence (BI) environment. This requires liaison with departmental managers to ensure their Key Performance Indicators can be supplied by the Business Intelligence (BI) environment.
The technical environment is MS SQL Server, MS Business Intelligence Tools and Wherescape Red. The client operates an integrated systems environment. JDE is the ERP.
This is an all-round Business Intelligence (BI) role, where you will have influence on its strategy and direction but you will also be hands on particularly in the design and analysis aspects of stakeholders requirements. You will be the link to the business for data between the ERP, other source systems and the data warehouse environment. Specific Business Intelligence (BI) responsibilities include:
- Identification of business reporting and analysis needs
- Analysis of business data and creating associated reports
- Identify data sources and map data relationships
- Reporting writing and development of BI reporting environments
- Establish and implement user acceptance programmes
- Evaluate documented business and technical requirements
- Strong SQL Server skills, with good knowledge of the likes of SSIS, SSRS & SSAS
- BIDW architecture capability
Skills / Knowledge
First and foremost you need to be a good Business Analyst, strong in understanding and extracting the information needs of users. You need the ability to influence. Ideally you will already have acquired skills and experience in Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing / Decision Reporting environments. Specific Business Intelligence (BI) experience you may have includes:
- Knowledge of data mapping
- Knowledge of design, development and test requirements
- Ability to use relevant Business Intelligence tools
- Report writing
- Experience working in an ERP environment would be beneficial, as would experience working with a middleware layer integrating specialised applications to an ERP platform.
This represents an exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunity for someone looking to advance their career in Business Intelligence. The management are happy to invest time and resource into developing the right person for the role.
For a confidential discussion, you can contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 / 021 85 45 45. To Submit an application please press the Apply key.
Please note, most New Zealand employers will only make job offers following face-to-face interviews. Applicants need to be living in New Zealand and have the relevant work visas. If you do not meet these requirements we may not acknowledge your enquiry.
Note: This role is exclusive to FOSTERRA Consulting Group.