- Focus on Continuous Improvement & Efficiency
- Opportunity to make a difference by providing proactive advice on Maintenance issues
Type of Person we are looking for
We are looking for a hands-on, proactive Engineer who wants to make a real difference in optimising and enhancing our client's plant. A person who will roll their sleeves up and will get stuck in, who is not afraid to raise ideas and who make sound informed decisions. Someone who not only focuses on the technical areas for improvement but understands how to train and encourage fellow staff to undertake key maintenance tasks as part of their everyday job.
In this role you will be responsible for providing hands on practical engineering expertise to ensure that all aspects of the plant are maintained for optimal performance. You will have a strong focus on plant reliability, investigate and resolve all breakdowns and failures promptly to minimise production downtime and actively participate in preventative maintenance strategies. You will continually monitor and review plant performance, current processes and procedures to identify efficiencies and process improvement opportunities and recommend these to management.
Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role you need to have a number of the following attributes and experience.
- Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- An understanding of PLC and DCS control systems as it affects plant reliability and maintenance.
- Experience in maintenance and/or engineering ideally in a large industrial manufacturing plant.
- Experience in implementing continuous improvement initiatives, ideally in the areas of preventative maintenance, waste reduction, cost control, health & safety and engineering efficiency.
- Natural ability to develop positive working relationships with fellow staff and external contractors.
Sound like you? For a confidential discussion, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
Please note, most New Zealand employers will only make job offers following face-to-face interviews. Applicants need to be living in New Zealand and have the relevant work visas. If you do not meet these requirements we may not acknowledge your inquiry.