ANZCO Foods is one of New Zealand's largest exporters, with over 3,000 employees worldwide and turnover in excess of $1.5 billion. ANZCO procures premium New Zealand beef and lamb, and owns the only large scale feed lot operation in New Zealand.
ANZCO's purpose is to transform a large part of the animal into innovative food and healthcare products that are then marketed and sold in over 80 countries. With the aim of enriching lives with product made from New Zealand beef and lamb, and connecting producers with global market opportunities, ANZCO is challenging the boundaries as part of its journey of transformation.
You will enjoy working for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. They offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field
This role is based at ANZCO's Rangitikei plant, which is a well-run, highly regarded site within ANZCO. We are looking to attract an ambitious, strong people orientated technical leader who can contribute to maintaining the culture, the continuous improvement approach and efficiency of the site. This is predominantly a hands-off leadership role.
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, key activities include:
- Responsible for coordinating and participating in all aspects of preventative maintenance across the site.
- Coordinate planning, processes and plant modification in order to support operations in improving productivity while minimising costs to ensure quality delivery and reliability.
- Work with the Engineering Manager to develop capital planning (CAPEX) in line with, and to support operational, compliance and health and safety objectives
- Responsible for the management of a team consisting of Electricians, Labourers, Engineers, Repairs and a Maintenance Planner.
Your Skills and Experience
To succeed in this role we are looking for you to have a number of the following attributes:
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Previous lean manufacturing and continuous improvement exposure would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated skills/certification in general maintenance, refrigeration, electrical, PLC, SCADA and automation
- Experience working in a highly automated food manufacturing and distribution environment.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing a high performance maintenance organization using metrics to drive continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated organizational skills including multi-project management, planning, and tracking results against plan.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and leading a formal preventative maintenance and data collection program. Experience with MAINPAC would be advantageous.
- Intermediate computer skills with Windows based computer systems required.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written (English).
For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
NOTE: FOSTERRA is exclusively managing this role for our client.