Our client is one of New Zealand's largest exporters, with over 3,000 employees worldwide and turnover in excess of $1.5 billion. You will enjoy working for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. They offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
Based in Christchurch, this is an exciting new opportunity to be involved in establishing this greenfields manufacturing site for their new pet foods initiative. Considerable market research and product development has already been undertaken and a site chosen. They now need a confident, forward thinking Production Manager to come on board to assist with the site setup, implementing the systems and processes, and build and manage the team.
Reporting to the client’s Commercialisation Manager, the Production Manager has the full responsibility for the operation of this manufacturing facility including meeting the required customer specifications in the required time and in a safe manner to ensure the operation achieves strong financial results. This includes:
- Ensures employees, equipment and processes meet quality, food safety and health and safety compliance requirements;
- Setting the production plan and monitoring performance delivered including quality, yields and costs.
- Effective procurement of raw material, ingredients and packaging.
- Utilizes best practice in set up, processing, packaging eliminating duplication, re-handling to ensure the products remain within target specifications as it is received by our customers. Uses available reports effectively to measure quality, identify variances and establish corrective actions.
- Interacts with MPI and the wider company compliance team to ensure no compliance issues.
- Interacts with sales teams and customers to ensure their expectations for quality and quantity are met.
- Execute and monitor all respective internal controls, ensuring efficient/effective activities that support the wider company’s objectives, while adhering to applicable laws, regulations policies and procedures.
- Provide effective leadership across the plant promoting a culture of performance, continuous improvement, and lean management.
Skills and Experience
Ideally you will have a number of the following attributes:
- At least 3 years in a production management role, preferably within the food industry;
- Confidence in your ability to select and manage a team to create a culture of ongoing performance within the manufacturing site.
- Proven people leadership experience, can demonstrate continuous improvement thinking in a processing environment
- Strong knowledge of managing an effective and profitable production process
- Can demonstrate leadership experience applying lean thinking, quality systems, food safety, health and safety controls
- Strong customer service ethos
For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
Please note, most New Zealand employers will only make job offers following face-to-face interviews. Applicants need to be living in New Zealand and have the relevant work visas. If you do not meet these requirements we may not acknowledge your enquiry.
NOTE: FOSTERRA is exclusively managing this role for our client.