- 50:50 mix of Server and Network responsibilities
- Responsibility for Australasian IT Infrastructure over 28 sites
- Involves mixture of hands-on, planning and vendor management
This is a great opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Specialist to maintain their hands-on skills but take a step up into managing a range of related projects, vendor relationships and performance, and the ongoing planning of the IT Infrastructure.
Reporting to the CIO, you will be primarily responsible for the planning, designing and implementation of the IT infrastructure on a day to day and project basis in an outsourced model. You will ensure all activities are initiated to account for business requirements and capacity demands, while ensuring the work is delivered on time and on budget.
Depending on your skillset and technical interests you will undertake a range of day to day and project tasks on the Network, Servers and VOIP. Other times you will engage and manage contractors and vendors to service the workload or provide technical expertise.
Upcoming projects include the upgarde of the New Zealand Cisco network.
Specific responsibilities include:
- To contribute to the IT Infrastructure strategy and planning process.
- To work with external IT partners to maintain and improve the national and trans-Tasman MPLS networks.
- To lead the support of Cisco UCM in New Zealand and Australia.
- To ensure Windows servers are resourced and secure.
- To provide leadership for the Helpdesk and desktop support delivery.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
There are three key components to this role; 1. WAN Networking 2. VOIP Windows Server OS 3. Cisco. Whilst it is ideal to be skilled in all three, you will be considered if you are strong in two and can demonstrate your aptitude to learn and quickly develop in the other.
Key attributes you may have include:
- At least five years’ experience in Infrastructure positions.
- Advanced Professional qualifications in at least one of: MPLS networks, Cisco Unified Communications or Microsoft Certified in Server Operating Systems.
- Experience in supporting a multi-national network.
- Experience in capacity planning and vendor management.
- Experience with integrated telephone systems.
- An exceptional customer service focused attitude.
- The ability to work effectively within a small team environment to achieve group and company objectives.
To learn more about the opportunity and what it means to work for our client, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002. To submit your application please select the APPLY button.
NOTE: FOSTERRA is exclusively managing this role for our client.