- Newly Created Role
- Mixture of Territory Management, Business Development and Management of Sales Grower Liaison Team
- Good mix of Office and Out in the Field work
Wools of New Zealand, www.woolsnz.com is 100% owned by the people who grow its product. Farming families who are committed to sustainable farming practices and caring for the land so that it may be passed to future generations. They are a 100% Grower owned sales and marketing company.
The company is focused on understanding the needs of their Customers so that their Growers can prepare the ideal product fit for the intended value chain to deliver the optimum performance throughout its life. By connecting their Growers with Supply Partners they are able to communicate future market requirements to ensure Growers adapt on-farm methods to deliver the ultimate product.
This newly created role is based at the Christchurch Office and reports to the CEO. The role has arisen due to growth within the business and the need to put in place a more formal sales and relationship management process.
The core purpose of the role is the management of existing relationships with shareholders and new business development from actively identifying and securing new supply opportunities. This includes enhancing the relationship management process, the development of sales tools and a focus on contract management. You will also be responsible for the Grower Liaison team in the regions who actively manage and support existing Growers.
It's a busy role, with national responsibility, involving a good mix of office and out in the field work balance.
Skills and Experience
The critical skills for this role is agricultural industry work background and the ability to maintain and grow sales, as well as lead a team. In summary key attributes we are looking for include:
- Passion and an affinity for farming and agriculture is essential.
- Experience / Exposure in liaising / selling to farmers in a supplier or relationship management role.
- Sales ability to manage existing Grower accounts and develop new business.
- Ability to facilitate group discussions, both small focused discussion groups and larger Grower meetings.
- Knowledge of farm business analysis and decision making.
- Strong computer and administration skills.
- Ability to plan and manage your time.
- Confidence to negotiate at all levels
- Tertiary or Industry qualifications in agriculture or agribusiness will be well received.
- Knowledge of the Wool industry operating environment is advantageous.
- Farm or other quality assurance programme processes and oversight experience is well regarded.
We are open to consider ambitious graduates with relevant work experience to rural industry experienced individuals with sales and management capability.
Sound like you? For a confidential discussion or to acquire the position description, please contact Richard Foster on 03 379 7002 or 021 85 45 45. Alternatively, to submit an application press the APPLY button and follow the steps, include your CV as an attached Microsoft Word document.
Please note, most New Zealand employers will only make job offers following face-to-face interviews. Applicants need to be living in New Zealand and have the relevant work visas. If you do not meet these requirements we may not acknowledge your inquiry.
NOTE: FOSTERRA is exclusively managing this role for our client.